Family Life: Encouraging Words from Sasha and
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 @ 00:00:00 EST
Topic: Family Life
If you are keeping up with this year's Winter Olympics you know that Shasha Cohen did not win the gold. She took home the silver--and our hearts. Shizuka Arakawa of Japan took the gold and Irina Slutskaya of Russia took the bronze. Nevertheless, we thank you Sasha for your most encouraging contributions. That's also what I heard from Marci. Then one of my 'Bobs' (I know several) wrote:
"I think another thing Sasha said, I've heard before, but it has always stuck with me. She said: 'If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.' Judging from her first round score, she must be doing something different. I think she's a fantastic skater."
She is indeed, but even beyond that, she's obviously a fantastic person, giving great encouragement to thousands of us around the world.
And finally, Dick (and I know several Dicks too) shared an inspirational list of encouraging words from good old Noah and his ark. There are, in fact, many such lists going around in cyberspace, but this is a good one.
Everything I Need to Know About Life, I Learned from Noah's Ark
(1) Don't miss the boat;
(2) Remember that we are all in the same boat;
(3) Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark;
(4) Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big;
(5) Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done;
(6) Build your future on high ground;
(7) For safety's sake, travel in pairs;
(8) Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs;
(9) When you're stressed, float awhile;
(10) No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.
This article comes
from Alvin H. Franzmeier